Friday, October 24, 2008

Indian Prime Ministers

Recently, the views of Raj Thackray on North Indians had the entire country stand up and take notice. His acts of vandalism were critiized in media heavily by one and all. Admist all this, we went to the previous prime ministers of India and asked them about what they thought of his views.

Their reactions were as follows:-

V.P.Singh – I perfectly agree with the views of Raj. Reservation in any form, any amount and at any level should be supported by us. All Maharashtrians have the right to those low level jobs. In fact, I think the higher level jobs should also be reserved for Marathis. The state should start with 27% reservation and with time move on to 50%.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee – Yeh acchi baat nahi hain “Paaaaauuuuuuusssssssssseeeeeeeeeee” Unko apne maryada mein rehna chahiye aur laxman rekha ke izzat karne chahiye warna pariram unke anurup nahi honge

Jawaharlal Nehru – Raj has just lost his way. If he introprospects, he will understand the error of his ways. But we should let him do what he is doing. After all, he is a Maharashtrian and our brother. “ Hindi Marathi Bhai Bhai”. I have sent a rose and a letter explaining him why what he is demanding can’t be granted. Sardar Vallabhai wanted to arrest him but I told him no since that would be against his basic human rights.

Chandra Shekhar – He is not broken any parliamentry convention. Therefore, I see no reason for disagreeing with him.

Inder Kumar Gujaral – I can’t express my views alone. After running a coalition government, I have realized that we should never speak without listening to all those concerned. Please tell me the views of other prime ministers before I can respond.

Rajiv Gandhi – His kind of behaviour cannot be tolerated. He cannot instigate this kind of violence without having to face the consequences. I will get him arrested. But I will not try and stop him from getting bail. I am ready to start the procedure but I won’t go all the way with it.

H D Dewegoda – I do not support what he said. But please don’t think it is permanent. I might change my opinion at a later time. For example, I have been against BJP for two decades but now after my son’s actions, I have started supporting BJP on certain issues. But as of now, I condemn Raj Thackray’s actions

Manmohan Singh – I will ask Sonia Gandhi and tell you.

1 comment:

Nandita Mathews said...

:D,Ouch,a lil too harsh on Manmohan...